Friday, November 6, 2009

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

After exhausting every Hamburger Helper flavor when Kirk and I were first married, I found this recipe in my hometown church's cookbook. It was actually contributed from my aunt. We liked it and I have made it off and on ever since. Somewhere along the line I had stopped making it. The other day as I was making my menu, I decided to go through that church cookbook and there it was. Not only that, I made it and my whole family liked it. Success!

1 lb ground beef
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. Bisquick (I just happened to have Jiffy and it worked as well)
2 eggs

Cook ground beef, onion and salt. Drain. Spread in greased 9-in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Stir remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into plate. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

The only thing that I noticed is that it fed my whole family perfectly. It won't be long until I have to start doubling it.

Happy Cooking!

No comments: