Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fruit Salad

We went to the beach not too long ago. I was in the process of making a fruit roll-up recipe, from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals show - one that aired about 4 year ago! It involved making a fruit mixture and rolling it into some flour tortillas. I made this recipe 4 years ago and it was really handy - but this time I forgot the detail about warming up the tortilla so that it would roll up easy. Since I forgot and I was in a hurry, my tortilla kept breaking and I got frustrated. Therefore, I scrapped that idea and made it into a fruit salad. It was yummy and the kids liked it. When my family came to visit, I made that salad again for our trip to the beach.

This is what I did, I mixed up a bunch of fruit -peaches, apples, grapes, bananas, strawberries - with lemon juice and strawberry jam (mine was homemade freezer jam). It was a perfect salad for a day at the beach. Next time I will post Racheal Ray's Fruit Roll-Up recipe - it is yummy too.

No comments: